Tuesday, October 25, 2005

There has GOT to be a better way!

The great campers have survived, whew! Thank the might One himself it was a ONE night stay over. I couldn't hold it any longer, lol!

Michael had a fabulous time. He was into everything there and available to him and did most of it more than once. We have made some really nice friends among our little den and our pack, so the time spent was extremely enjoyable for honey and I as well. Then there were those who should have stayed home. The outing was in a boy scout reservation area that is located on a spread covering nearly 3000 acres. Very spacious. Very beautiful.

The retreat was held in a relatively small vacant field on that acreage, and with 1500 or so happy and some not so happy campers the lot became even smaller. We were all very cozy. It looked like a modern day Woodstock, with small fires burning everywhere, screaming, laughing, and people galore. Our site was located near one of the few water tanks which was great and one of the even fewer Porta Johns which was NOT great. With the smell and the slamming of the door it was actually horrific.

I'm not at all skeeved (grossed out) by to many things but I have to tell you it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever witnessed, EVER! Me and my family used our trusty funnel. (the hidden passenger) Honey was able to actually leave the reservation briefly with a friend and I'm thankful he was because he is just a poopin' machine. I don't get it. It's in and out in a matter of moments. I'm not at all sure how he gets any nutrients from anything. Because we were there for only 30 hours, Michael and I lucked out and the funnel is all that we required. I did however, darken the door of the dump house to discard what was in my funnel. Only to find a MOUNTAIN of crap, I mean Everest peaks where emerging from the nasty depths. The entire floor was puddled with what I can only assume was #1. Not only was it on the floor but on the seat, the box the seat is mounted on and the walls. What were people doing in there, WHAT? I emptied my funnel, but not before I got an eye full of what the members of the neighboring site had for dinner. I swear, I wanted to run all the way home just to take a shower. I had to settle for massive amounts of hand sanitizer and washing the bottoms of my shoes. Needless to say any further funnel dumping was done else where. The most disturbing thing about all this, is that people were letting their little kids, boys and girls go into that horrible box of disease ALONE! What were they thinking? I wouldn't let my son in there if there was a gun to my head. He would have been crappin' in the woods, a bag, my shoe even, but he wasn't going in there. I myself would have filled my pants and said that I had some sorta of medical condition causing my to have no control, before I went in there.

Why in this day and age can they not make something like on airplanes? A holding tank of some kind where it all goes and is away from the public. I just don't understand it. There has got to be a better way for the masses to have movements. There has just GOT to be.



"Anything dropped in the bathroom falls in the toilet"

- Anonymous

10 Comments:

Blogger Berry Chick said...

I feel like that every time I go to the deer lease with my hubby.

There has just got to be a better way....

7:59 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

That is gross. Just disgusting. And I live in a truck! lol

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful way to end the day when your son says something so sweet as "mommy you smell so pretty" it does not get any better than that!

6:04 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Ewww.. see I love being in nature - just not living in it - I love flushable toilets, and my two-ply...LOL

Glad a good time was had - that's the most important thing - you son will rember that more than the stinky toilets!

6:07 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Porta potties creep me out. I think something will reach out and get me. The smell is the worse.

I would rather go in the woods also.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

ewwww.
don't have a crappy day:)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EWWW! I think this is more information than I needed....

8:26 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Reason #6,487 not to go camping. If it doesn't have something flushable and a hair dryer, I'm not doing it!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

ewww, the johns- smelly crap holes!! LOL glad you guys survived. :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

I think I'm going to be sick!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter