Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What must she see?

Going through closets, a task that is always fun and proving to be entertaining as well. Over the weekend I thought I'd move some things around and more importantly, out of my house. I was making great progress and was just pulling out a 3/4 length, dark colored coat that was still in the dry cleaning bag when Mina appears....

Mina: "Hey Mommy, whatcha doin'?"

Me: "Oh, just going through some things."

Mina: "WOW! Look at that."

Me: "Look at what?"

Mina: "That!!" (pointing at the coat)

Me: "What about it?"

Mina: "Well, nothing. Is that what you wore back in the olden days when you were a nun?"

Me: (Naturally, trying to contain my hysteria) "No Honey, it's just a long coat."

Mina: "Oh, I thought you were a nun, a long, long, long time ago."

Me: "No, sorry Baby that wasn't me. Now go play!"

OK. There are many things wrong with that short little conversation. Because, no matter how many years you go back and apparently there are many, there is no way I could have ever been a nun, ever! (Not then and not now!)

I'm not sure which I find more disturbing...the fact that my 35 years on this earth prior to her birth she finds ancient or that I could have ever possibly been pure enough to be a nun. Hm?

9 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I'm past lauging...I'm snorting aloud I am giggling so hard!!

Is your daughter a fan of "The Sound of Music?"

4:39 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL!!!!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

LOL... Mina, Mina, Mina, there are a few things you need to learn.

1) mothers are never, never old.

well, really that's all you need to know - mom's never get old...after you master this - could you please explain it to Tink!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha!! Priceless! Can't wait till I get to have such conversations with my daughter!

10:26 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Kids say the darnest things! (But they are usually FUNNY!) ~ jb///

4:54 AM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

I hope you are keeping a journal. You have the best conversations with your kids.

I also love the way you write. Have you ever considered writing short stories or essays?

Anyway, I will think of you next time I use my prayer beads.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL too funny! I love the way we seem soooo old to our kids!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Makes you wonder where she came up with that idea. Hmm.

9:50 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Cmon, let's hear it...

THE HILLLLSSS ARE ALLIVVVEEEE....

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter