Wednesday, November 23, 2005

"Twas the Night of Thanksgiving

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, But I just couldn't sleep I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.

The leftovers beckoned - The dark meat and white But I fought the temptation With all of my might.

Tossing and turning With anticipation The thought of a snack Became infatuation.

So, I raced to the kitchen, Flung open the door And gazed at the fridge, Full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey And buttered potatoes, Pickles and carrots, Beans and tomatoes.

I felt myself swelling So plump and so round, 'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, Floating into the sky With a mouthful of pudding And a handful of pie.

But, I managed to yell As I soared past the trees.... Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump. May your potatoes 'n gravy Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious May your pies take the prize, May your Thanksgiving dinner Stay off of your thighs.

May your Thanksgiving be blessed!

5 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

is that an original by you? If so copyright it and submit it for a children's book!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Aisha~

You are too kind. If only I were that gifted, lol. No. It's an email that a friend sent to me. :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

May you have a wonderful thanksgiving too!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL - HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY TURKEY DAY- MAYBE NEXT YEAR YOU CAN COME TO MY HOUSE!!!!!!! DON'T EAT TO MUCH MAKE SURE MICHAEL GETS THE FIRST TURKEY LEG.

3:57 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Tell Beth that I will go to her house next year!!!

And where is your quote???

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

xoxo

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter