Monday, November 14, 2005

Mr. Mom for the weekend

I was away for the weekend, and you know what that means? Yup, Honey was alone AND in charge of the kids. (God help us) Salena and I had a weekend away for business and definitely some fun. Business wise, not such a booming success, a great experience, but the FUN OMGosh. Not only did we have fun we even made a couple new friends. We laughed and talked, even got in a movie. We saw Derailed, it was pretty good. I really just enjoyed being in a theater and not have to say "shhhh" 600 times or have to race them to the bathroom every other two seconds. (because they just had to have the big soda)

I called several times and all seemed well. Michael answered the phone, so that was comforting. At least I knew he was still alive. Mina was at the neighbors, our adopted Grandma's so I knew she was safe. By the time I was on my way home and called to let them know, it sounded like it was time. Michael said, "Mommy, I'm in the mud room watching all the cars, when are you coming?" I told him soon and that I missed him very much, he started to cry, poor thing. I said I would be home to tuck him in at bedtime but he had to be in his jammies and ready.

Daddy, by the time we arrived home was frantic. I mean, just frazzled. I wasn't in the house five minutes and I heard all the trauma that took place, from getting to church on time and all the questions on my where abouts to not being able to find Mina's favorite heart pajamas, lol. Man that makes me LAUGH!! I could see the relief all over his face the moment I walked in, after of course he stopped obsessing over a bruise on Michael's back. (which was NOTHING, ugh) I swear, it's a darn good thing he's not here all day. Well, he made it through, my house is a wreck but my little one's are still breathing, whew! Let him say, "gee, baby what did YOU do today?"

I'm glad to me home, but I think I'll wrap things up here and go make up my two missed days with Honey. :):)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you and getting some time away! Way to go to your husband also! :) I'm interested in the movie, Derailed. But, I will probably wait till it comes on cable. So it was good, huh? Hmm? It would be nice if I could twist my husband's arm into seeing a drama like that . . . we will have to see. :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

It should have been great for you to have some days out of routine.

looks like Mr. Mom went along with the job quite in a good way!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I'll be away for 4 days in a week and a half, leaving the husband with the two boys...you;ve given me a taste of things to expect:)
Great that you had such a nice time. We really need those trips away now and then.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Good for you for a girls weekend of fun. Even if you did have to work a little.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

It's always a good thing to know that you are missed!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

LOL! Glad everyone survived!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Men, they just make a mess of everything. You know what? I think the kids terrorized him. LOL!

Glad your trip went well.

4:16 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Glad you had a great time away - but's even better when they miss you right? then you know just how important you really are!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Berry Chick said...

Time away is good- but isnt it nice to know you are missed. I want my fam to do good when I am not there.... but it is a fine line... not Too good!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter