Friday, November 04, 2005

Retraction

Girls afternoon out! Me, Mina and Salena, out for the day and what a great day it was. This being said, you must realize that that also means the boys, Honey and Michael were left to have their own fun.

After taking care of the necessary shopping, like Home Depot, Lowes and every other home improvement store within a 35 mile radius, it was time for the FUN! Honey took Michael to a motorcycle shop. (thank God he didn't come home with a new bike) He did however, come home with new riding pants and chest protector for Michael, that were by the way ridiculously expensive. Ugh! (Michael loved them, so all was forgiven) Next, they were off to lunch. I receive a call from my little boy stating that he is having just the greatest time with Daddy. What music to my ears.

We arrive home a bit later than the boys. Michael was decked out in his new gear and ripping around on his bike. After noticing us, he stops, gets off his bike and proudly models his new wears. He goes on to tell me all about his day, things he did and people he saw. He was so excited. He says to me "Mommy, I saw a lady that looked just like you." You did, I asked? "Oh yes, she was as tall as you, with brown hair and...." I asked him, "well, was she pretty?" "Um, NO Mommy! I SAID she looked like YOU!" Now you see why I am retracting my earlier statement. LOL, did you ever? I swear, BOYS!


Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy

-Anonymous

13 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

You just made realize that I haven't had a girls day out in a while....

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These kids . . . the biggest stinkers sometimes! You're a great mama and you're beautiful too!! :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Boys will be boys..Too cute!

Just wanted to thankyou for your comment on my blog..Going to catch up on your past entries.

5:06 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL! Kids they crack me up. When Big Cubby does not get his way then he calls me bad mommy. Any other time it is you are a good mommy. Too funny!

5:38 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

LOL, is he grounded?..heehee

My son refuses to asnwer such questions..LOL

6:22 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

No more boys day out for him!!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

lol..
hi i'm jellyfish.. was browsing blogs and come across your posting.

it cracked me up. u have such a cute and wonderful kids. lol..

hey, i'm once a boy too, lol!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

LOL... yep totally understand that one!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

yes...boys will be boys. Sounds like you had a great day, though.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

This is just the thing that he will remember with his Dad. Not so much what he got but the fact he had fun with him. Those you cherish.

When my son was little and while my father was sick with cancer they took a walk up the road at our place in Vermont. My son got all excited when he came back and said "Mommy, grampa's pants fell down when we were walking" Apparently with all the weight loss Dad forgot to put on his belt.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

now i'm kinda glad i have no boys...LOL. although i get the "mommy, are you going to wear THAT today??" from my oldest daughter- the extreme opposite..lol

5:14 PM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

I think I'm going to get a coloring book of princesses and as we're coloring each one I will tell my son, "That's mommy!" hehe...

7:15 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Last night my 4 year old son said "mom; don't break my bed" "why would I break your bed?" I ask. "Becuase each day you get bigger and bigger and if you break my bed, then I will have to sleep standing up." wtf???
I immediately thought of your post. Yet again; sigh; boys...

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter