Saturday, November 05, 2005

How do you NOT know the stick?

Of course we adults and parents benefit greatly from Halloween. Need a little something sweet? Sure, we head for the kids stash. For the past week Salena and I have been rifling through the kids pumpkin heads looking for "our" favorites. On one of our invasions I come across a fun size Chick-O-Stick and this is how it went:



Me: Oh man, look a Chick-O-Stick. I haven't had one of these in ages.

S: What's a Chick-O-Stick?

Me: Are you kidding me? You have never had a Chick-O-Stick?

S: I've never even heard of them.

Me: NEVER?

S: EVER!

Me: Oh, they ARE gooooooood!

S: Really? What do they taste like, chicken?

Ok. Now. Please tell me what kind of a freak would pass out chicken flavored Halloween candy? If they did? Their house wouldn't survive the year. The neighborhood kids would burn it to the ground before the next candy fest!

I will NEVER be bringing my kids to her house trick or treating, that is for sure. Does it taste like chicken? Good LORD!!


"Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby."

- Anonymous

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what does a Chicken Stick taste like????/

4:18 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I have never heard of them. I see that it is peanut butter and coconut.

Too funny. Taste like chicken!

5:52 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I've never heard of them either, but I don't think it looks like it tastes like chicken...LOL

I got all but one right - OMG - does that mean I was raised by hicks?

6:40 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

i liked them as a kid but gosh, haven't seen them in ages. i don't think they sell them in this part of the country...
actually, i don't think i would like one now. they taste like the inside of a butterfinger and i HATE butterfinger. hate the way it sticks in my teeth.....

thats my rant....

6:45 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Oh my my! Seems there are several who have never heard of them. Too FUNNY!

Misty and you won the $64,000. question. They do taste like a Butterfinger without the chocalate.

:):)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

hahahahha.......

cant stop laughing =) =)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Lammy said...

oh my gosh...these are my hubs favorite. I personally hate them, but they SHO DON'T TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!
Those and bit-0-honey's formerly known as mary janes are my hubs fav's. Guessing they changed the name of that quick in the 60's-70-s! LOL
I'll stick with my laffytaffy and now-n-laters.
and something chocolate

3:21 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I have never heard of it either. Shame on you for reminding me my kid has candy and I haven't even touched it yet. Running to the goodie bag now.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

This reminds me. My son, is 17 and he and his friends went to a grocery store and got a plastic bag and went trick or treating just the way they were. Yup, no costume. He is so like me. LOL!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, I love chic o sticks. They are wonderful!!

Fun Dips, anyone?

7:07 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I used to love those chick O-stickes. I was just ramming through our bowl looking for some candy...haven't wanted any in a long time that didn't have splender as an ingredient.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Berry Chick said...

I have never even heard of that before.... are they really good?

11:50 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

BChick..

I like them. They taste like the inside of a Butterfinger. YUM!

:)

7:12 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

yes, I have never heard of it either...but man it looks darn good..at first i thought it was cheese, until i read the package there..LOL

8:03 AM  
Blogger Andi said...

LMAO @ chicken flavored candy!!!

That gave me quite a good chuckle this morning. Thanks!

8:18 AM  
Blogger day-dreamer said...

What is that thing? Never seen it before! =)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

I had never had one until I was 19 or 20. They happened to sell them at a video store where I worked and I got hooked on them REAL QUICK. But then I loooove coconut!

4:18 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

I LOVE chick-o-sticks! We used to get them at the State Fair all the time...I never knew they came in premanufactured wrappers until I got older! LOL.

my w.v. is cfufk....close one!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter