Friday, November 18, 2005

Homepage news

I sit down at the computer today and watch my homepage flash the news, local and otherwise. I am not at all a celebrity hound. I could actually give less than a rip about anything related to that, but this did catch my eye. The headline read "The weeks best quotes"

Nicole Richie was recognized for this oh so profound statement. "I don't even own a scale." It's genius I tell you. Now I'm thinking, "well it's about time you get one baby, because you look like hell."




Here she looks like "super-fly" on a latte rampage. Please, what's with the shades? They would look just as good mounted on the skeleton hanging from a bolt in it's head in Biology class. Man get off the latte's and hit a buffet.



Her clothes literally hang off her. This little piece of photographic brilliance was called "the nip slip." How clever. I mean, forget the nip, get a load of the what that garment is hanging on. Doesn't have anymore appeal, than if it was actually on a hanger. Ugh!

We are in a bad place, when we as a society look at this and consider it HOT!



"No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office."

- George Bernard Shaw

20 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

Funny and sad at the same time! I do wonder who finds this attractive? It looks anorexic and unhealthy to me!

8:09 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

You could "give a rip"?? Man, have you been listening to that Gretchen Wilson CD on repeat or what???

And I can't believe you put a CELEBRITY on your blog. WTF?? I am the celebrity hound. Me! Me! And you didn't even consult me on this one! LOL

I agree....she's a STICK. A STICK I tell you! But hey, that's what people wanna see. It's hard to believe that 65% of the United States is obese, is it? Where are they? Certainly not hiding behind Nicole Richie!!!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Here I is, here I is! Move over coat hanger, the coats taking over!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Man get off the latte's and hit a buffet" This is really funny! Love it!

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even IMAGINE being that skinny. I've seen thicker coat hangers!

Lynn

5:47 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Very humerous comments about a sad fact of our society. Great post. I find it too sad that my Little Princess is growing up in a world that expects her to be as small as possible. I guess all I can do is show her how ridiculous it is and hope she gets it better than I did.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

She is obviously sick. Yuck. We will be hearing the ctories about annorexia soo, I'm afraid. Poor girl.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

ewwww that is truly disgusting- what is the deal?? do these celeb girls honestly think that bones look good? i just hope my girls don't fall into that trap- with my cooking i doubt it..lol. i love the quote by the way! have a great weekend. :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I totally agree she is so disgusting. I don't think seeing bones is sexy. She is a bobblehead doll.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

I AGREE 100%.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Yuck! My husband and I are talking about having a baby, and some days I hope it won't be a girl just for this reason. With the hips that run in my family, she won't have a chance!

8:36 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

she looks like death warmed over..

she use to be so cute..now she just looks scarey

8:44 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Oh come on... Thats Hot! NOT!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

We need to go to Hollywood and march with signs and chant: "OFF THE LATTE, HIT THE BUFFET!" It works in Washington. I'm lovin' it...

This really is disgusting. Like you, I'm not one to keep track of celebrities much, myself. They're just like you and me, but with problems on a grander scale and a camera constantly in their face to prove it. I would hate to have that pressure!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous pic of your sweeties is so precious.

As for Nicole, ouch! She totally needs a scale! :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Scott & Julia said...

Ugh, she looks scary. How can she think that's attractive? And I love the picture below! So cute :) Happy belated HNT!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

You couldn't have said it better!

I hope she seeks help soon. Or eats a hambuger or 2 or 3.

5:47 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

wow - that girl needs to eat....just like an oz of meat or two...

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

maybe she watched too much Fashion TV and got influenced...u know... all the skinny and bony ones

kekekekeke....

4:27 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

i love the quotes at the end of your posts. she looks like one addicted to crack... which is not all that "out there" a theory.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter