Wednesday, November 16, 2005

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

Dude, the weather is horrific tonight. Severe everything. Thunder, lightening, rain, wind we are even under tornado warning as I'm typing this. (have never been accused of being the brightest crayon in the box) It's a very unsettling thing when the weather turns nasty. The kids get all freaked out and it's makes for a long evening.

Michael as it is, is our little meteorologist. Oh wait, he's inquiring as we speak about the tornado warning, lol! He just has to have all the information. What all the colors mean on the radar and what direction it's going. I have to keep him away from the eyewitness news team. I suppose it's a good thing but NOT when it keeps him from going to sleep. That is where I draw the line on the input as far as he goes.

I have a nagging feeling that I will be spending sometime in the closet tonight with them. THAT is not going to be pretty. First it's not very big, it's tiny actually, and second if I go into the closet, that also means I have to be coming out of it too. Not really something I think I should be doing with my kids. :):)

I think it's time to shut down. My neighboring county has their sirens sounding, yikes. Pray I don't meet the Tinman tonight!


"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."

-John Ruskin

17 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Well it's Tues Nov 15th..I hope the weather on Fri the 18th cleared up by now ;)..I had to look at my calender for a second..lol

6:25 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

hope everything's A-ok there!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Lammy said...

Curious....where are you located?... Generally I mean... I'm not like some stalker or anything. We're just getting ready to move to Kansas... So I was wondering if you are nearby.
Scarey Tornado.
Hope all is well.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Berry Chick said...

sending good thoughts to you and your family... hope things don't get too hairy there.

Hope your kids are over the stomach flu too.... that could be a long night in a closet.

Good Luck!!
Let us know your are ok when it is safe.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the quote!! I hope all of you fare beautifully. Talk to you later. :) And, be safe.

9:09 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

UPDATE. now would be good, thanks.

are you in Oz? Where's your house? (please tell me it at least landed on the wicked witch of the south, and that all is well with the munchkins!)

I know the latest series of tornadoes have been brutal throughout the midwest...and well, you better UPDATE soon!

(knowing full well the sound of those sirens, you simply CANNOT end a post like that!)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I actually love a good storm and your Michael sounds like a kid oafter my own heart. I hope you didn't spend the night in the closet! (btw, I've posted a word for you today:)

4:52 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I everything is ok. I hate tornados. Please post soon to let us know you are ok.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I just stopped to check in and see how you are doing. I hope you and yours are fine. You are in my thoughts.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Ta-duh! We make it AND we didn't have to spend any time in the closet. Although, I was glued to the tube for my fair warning.

I did see a Scarecrow in the mirror this morning as I staggard into the bathroom, but no Tinamn, thank goodness.

We were lucky and usually are. Fortunatley, we have never had the destruction our neighboring counties have had. Even last night the reports were bad, there has been some reported deaths.

Thanks so much for all your concern, I appreciate it. :)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

i just got done reading about all the crazy weather around the country- hope you are safe and sound.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you made it through the night without going into the closet! :-)

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to here everyone made it through the night ok- tornados kind of creep up on you - living in the south - at least we have alittle time to prepare for the hurricanes- needless to say 3 weeks without electric is not fun- a month without phone service is WORSE- as i am writing this the telephone man is in the pole- the aftermath of the storm is as bad as the before! glad everyone is well - maybe tonight everyone will get a good nights SLEEP-

7:37 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hope everybody is ok.

7:45 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

oh no..lets hope your computer didnt get hit by lightening..LOL..

My 5 year old freaks out when we have bad weather..she is totally scared of thunderstorms...

we had snow last night..which would you rather have??..LOL

stay safe..

9:20 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

When I say your blog is child centered, its not a bad thing! I Think the key to good writing is not what you write about necessarily but about how you write it. And your content and style is great.

Although as a former teacher I always appreciate the things kids do. They're little comedians and half the time they don't know it! :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

Sounds like you had your share of the crappy storms the other night, too. It's hard to believe two days ago it was 65 and now it's 19 and snowing!

(In Indiana, anyway!)

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter