Tuesday, November 22, 2005

According to Mina

Her school career has started out with a bang. Lots of stories to be told, new friends being made and plenty of things learned. The things learned, is what is so astounding to me. I mean with only a two day a week schedule, and a half day at that, I'm amazed at the things she has learned and remembers.

The Thanksgiving holiday is upon us and of course the kids are all learning about the Pilgrims, the Mayflower, Indians and how they all came to know each other. As well as how they all survived, where and in what the lived. Mina came home one day last week a fountain of knowledge. She just knew everything about the Indians. She explain to me that they all lived it Teepee's that were built, that they had to hunt with bow and arrows for their food, she even knew what a baby Indian was called.

"Mommy, do you know what they call baby Indians?" My reply was, "what?" "They are called a Baboo." Now, I can barely contain my laughter. I asked her if she was sure about that, and of course she was positive because that is was her teacher told her. I explained to her, that I think her teacher may have said Papoose. "Oh yeah, that's right. That's what they are called, a Papoose."

A side note along the same vein. Michael asked at dinner tonight if they had stores to shop in. I told him I knew they didn't have any Supermarkets that's for sure. "OK. What about WalMart?" Please, is there NO end?



"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset."

-Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator
1890 (last words)


13 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Eddie would just DIE if he knew the Pilgrims were shopping at Wal-Mart!!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

i did ask silly questions when i was a kid too. LOL!!!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vic:

Isn't it wonderful what they come home with. These are moments you will treasure for as long as you live. ENJOY! ENLOY! ENJOY!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute post! I agree with Vic...These are the moments we will treasure for a lifetime! :-)

5:15 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Whew...can you imagine - no wal-mart, no remotes? Was it really life? LOL... How did we manage? We tell the kids when we were growing up we only had 4 channels on the tv - ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS... If we were lucky and the planets were aligned we would get FOX...LOL and if we wanted to change the channel, or turn it up - we had to....walk.... across the room.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

You mean there was a time BEFORE Walmart?

6:30 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I love those moments. Little Princess is not in school yet, but I love to hear the things she discovers and tells me about.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

The sad thing is, in some places, people still don't know what Wal-Mart is.

That's cute...a baboo!

8:13 AM  
Blogger jenbeauty said...

Terrific post! I love talking with my children about their day and what they have learned.

9:04 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

kids are so funny...and the walmart thing is priceless..LOL

I always love your qouates..where do u find them?

11:40 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

Last year the boys and I read a lot of books about the first Thanksgiving. My five year old wanted wanted to know *why* didn't they just go to the Cracker Barrel? Bwhahaha!!! We don't even live near a Cracker Barrel, much less eat out for Thanksgiving dinner.

Kids! Too funny!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

May I suggest showing her the movie Dances with Wolves. Even though it isn't about Thanksgiving it is about the Soux Indians. This is my favorite movie as I have seen it a hundred times I swear I can act this movie out.

Seems you have a very determine little girl that loves to obsorb information. Now, let's keep it that way. Then, High School and it is all over. LOL!

6:20 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Blogdreamz....I was JUST talking about this movie the other day! I love it too. Tatanka! Tatanka!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter