Monday, November 21, 2005

Overheard

After dropping the kids at school, I decided to swing by my neighbors. Mostly, because I'm considered the Mayor of our little community by some. More specifically my husband. I thought it would be a good idea to keep up my PR for the next election. Also, to see how they were making out with the remodeling of their kitchen.

I step inside to find an almost completely gutted kitchen, and my neighbor, lets just call her Mrs. O. to protect the innocent, looking beside herself. While the two workers, lets call them Clyde and Homer to protect the moronic, were busy looking busy. Clyde was holding the wall up or was it the other way around? While Homer was rattling around under the sink in the one cabinet that was left. Mrs. O. wandered off into the livingroom that is just a doorway away from the kitchen and I became side tracked with snack bag of cookies.

Clyde, who appeared to the brains of the operation yells into Mrs. O. "Are you going to be using this sink again?" I pull my nose out of the cookie bag, look at him and think, "WHAT?" Mrs. O. replies "oh, yes sir, my sink will be going back there in front of the window." Me, just because I can't keep my mouth shut say, "No, he wants to know if you are going to use this same sink?" She tells him, "no, no I have a new one ordered that will be going there."

I thinking, "of COURSE you do." That freakin' sink along with everything in this kitchen is over 30 years old. You are having all of the cabinets custom built, granite counter tops, brand new hard wood flooring, lighting and top of the line appliances going in. So, yes Clyde, lets go ahead and just put that same 30 year old sink BACK in. I think it may just set off the granite. UGH!

Meet Clyde


Whatcha think 'bout havin Clyde cum do sum work at yer house?

"Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness', but it doesn't work."

~Gallagher

16 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

hmmm - I think Clyde worked at my in-laws house...LOL

8:28 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I'm pretty sure he's the maintenance guy the owner of my townhouse pays to continually "fix" my dishwasher. He's only been here 5 times!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is your quote??

8:45 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Where have I seen Clyde before?

8:55 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Hey! That's my neighbor!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would die! Your poor neighbor--so good of you to check on her. Hate home repair/remodeling! Yuck! :)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Sorry anonymous. There you go.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm kinda concerned that Clyde is yelling INTO Mrs. O.

I would have gone with "Frick" and "Frack" as names.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

clyde is one scary ass individual! lmao

6:55 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

um, I think he already has...LOL

funny story:)

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...that's a great pic. Of course, I've seen KY and Delbert, so I'm used to that kind of thing.

Lynn

12:29 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Here are the answers:

1. Not Counting Rudolph, how many reindeer pull Santa's sleigh?
8 - Rudolph didn't come into the picture until that song came out Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer.

2. What color is Santa's belt?
Black

3.What were Frosty the Snowman's last words?
I'll be back someday

4. What Christmas song contains the line: "Sing, choirs of angels, sing in exultation"?
O Come, All Ye Faithful

5. What day of the year is usually the busiest shopping day?
The day after Thanksgiving

6. In "A Charlie Brown Christmas", who builds a gray snowman?
Pigpen

7. How many "drummers drumming" did my true love give to me?
Twelve

8. What did the Grinch use to pull his sleigh?
His dog

9. What do they call their Christmas gift bringer in Chile?
Old Man Christmas (but in their native language)

10. In "A Christmas Carol", what song does the caroler sing outside Scrooge's office?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

11. What state has a city named "Santa Claus"?
Many people assume Alaska being close to the North Pole but the answer is:
Indiana

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks like someone who works for me....

1:07 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

I can't believe Lynn said it first. I was just thinking that LOOKS like your neighbors....in fact, I think it is KY!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hey - I've changed my comments. I think you should be able to comment now.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Yikes! No thanks!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter