Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Section R18.04.020


Wash Your Hands!!
Three times in less than a week, unbelievable. What is it with people that they don't wash their hands? It's just disgusting.
Mina and I took a trip to the supermarket to get a couple of things. As usual, she has emergent call from nature, so I stash my cart and off we run. Made it! We were just finishing up and getting ready to wash our hands, when in comes an employee. I said hello and commented that she sounded like she didn't feel good. She replied, "no I don't, I have a terrible cold." She proceeds to blow her nose. I mean BLOW. It was so incredibly loud and nasty that Mina even looked up from the sink. I'm thinking, "YAK!" She finishes foolin' with her blower and leaves the bathroom. Now, I know she didn't use the facility for which it is meant but still. She should have washed her hands before leaving that room considering what she did do. I mean it is cold and flu season. Ugh!
This weekend we spent some time in an arena, for a car expo. It was cold and nasty and thought the kids would love it. It was very crowded, which was expected and was a bit disappointing. While cruising around, again, my peanut bladdered little girl has to pee. We look around for the nearest ladies room and one happened to be right where we were. Yay! Honey stands outside the door while I go in with Mina. It was empty with the exception of two other doors that were closed. Mina goes in and does her thing while I'm holding her door closed. (the place was immaculate so I let her in the stall alone. Can't keep them in a bubble forever) While standing there, one door opens and woman comes out. The thing is, she walked right past the sinks and out the door. Then the second door opens and another woman comes out and does the same exact thing. Only she, stopped briefly in front of the full length mirror to check herself and then leaves. I was beside myself. What is with these women? They weren't teenage girls who were thinking of the hot guy following them around and just forgot. They were grown women, who should know better. There is no excuse. It's just gross!
Then out comes Mina and heads immediately to the sink while rolling up her sleeves, without being told. She's FIVE!
"Cleanliness is indeed next to godliness."
-Christopher Morley

17 Comments:

Blogger Christie... said...

That is so weird, I was just thinking today as I was washing my hands after going to the bathroom, which I do always, that my grandmother taught me to do that. She used to have this sign with 2 little painted hands with a string tied around the index finger that read "Don't forget to wash your hands". I wish I still had that sign. I left it at the nursing home, by mistake.

7:50 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

People are DISGUSTING. That is the only reason there can be. I saw the VERY same thing today. I went in, peed and then went to the sink. I was fooling with my makeup and my hair and then brushed my teeth, re-did my ponytail and searched through my purse for my phone.....etc.

The whole time I was in the stall and the whole time I was at the counter, there was a woman in one of the stalls. She was in there a LONG time if you know what I mean. And then, she came out, walked right past me, and out the door.

DISGUSTING, I say.

It's not even that it's flu season or that crap, how can you NOT wash your hands? HOW? I even do it at home and I KNOW how clean that place is. People are just disgusting.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

i've seen such thing happen here as well.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Eeeewww, that is just really yucky !! It makes you wonder, doesn't it ?? Did they never learn proper personal hygiene ?? Yuck.
Meow

11:22 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Justin and I once went to the chain restaurant. The food was awful. We were about to leave hungry when Justin had to potty. He went and pottied and the cook was also in there going potty and the cook didn't wash his hands after he was done.

Needless to say we found someone in charge and refused to pay for the crappy food (that was literally crappy.) The manager tried to give us gift certificates. Then he said he'd call the police if we didn't pay. Justin told him that He'd call 'em first. The manager backed right down.

We left having not eaten and didn't pay a penny. We did tip the waitress however. She did a fine job.

11:26 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

That is digusting. I am always making sure we wash our hands and even after we leave the restroom in public I use a hand sanitizer because of people that don't wash their hands and use the handle to the door to leave. UGH so gross.

Know wonder everybody keeps getting sick.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

You have no idea how bad that is for you! People need lessons in life! Arrrg

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

after reading your blog - i did have to go wash my hands again- that is so gross- i see it all the time too in the public restrooms- whats really bad - is there are usually signs everywhere that say EMPLOYEES MUST WASH THERE HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK- AND THEY STILL DON'T GET IT- i make the kids wash there hands as soon as they get home from school too - race says his teacher makes them wash there hands and use hand sanitizer before they go to lunch- HUR-RAY for that- stay well- wash your hands!!!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I've seen it here at work, I've seen it in restaurants (the staff) . . it's everywhere!
I'm trying to teach my kids to always wash their hands in public restrooms; I hope it's working when I'm not around!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I see that all the time..Sometimes I just want to stop these people, grab them by the shirt and drag them back to the sink. I wash and carry my anti-bacterial everywhere.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

I am a big germ freak too, and also have hand sanitizer with me all the time incase of no soap and water!! I always have to wash my hands and hate it when people don't!! I am constantly on my kids too!! lol Sometimes it's a bit freakish though I admit!! Ughhh, it's just so gross!!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Anne Coleman said...

Ew. I'm nearly gagging here. How FOUL.

My kids are not even allowed to do anything in the bathroom here at home without washing. We're all slightly germophobic here :) Can't help it-with 8 people, if one gets sick well...we all do.

8:42 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

yeah, we go through a bottle of Germ-X a week, and a pack of Wet Ones goes EVERYWHERE with us!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

btw i took education in health class and they said when you are in a public bathroom be sure to use paper to flush or with your foot flush. Also after washing your hands use a towel to open the bathroom door. Studies show that since 70% of all public bathroom users dont wash their hands if you wash your hands but dont use paper towel to open the bathroom door to leave... you may as well not have washed your hands..

oh so gross but I figured i'd give you the advice since its up for talk :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

People are so gross.

12:46 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Am I the only parent who makes their kids wash their hands after using the bathroom, before they can eat, when they first get to the daycare center before they can play with any toys they have to wash their hands...

Baby Girl actually told a lady she had to wash her hands while in a public bathroom... yes, my 3 yr old told a 40ish lady that she should wash her hands after using the potty...which the lady looking very upset with me did...why wouldn't you wash your hands?

8:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Gross - this is something that has been bothering me this week, too.

BTW - can you email me the link(s) that you get your quotes from? I love quotes, but haven't found very many good sources for them on the web in a while. Thanks!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter