Friday, January 06, 2006

Over Heard

School is back in session. So the kids are back in class and I am manning my post in the library. Certainly not because I'm a literary genius, I just like hanging out with the kids. Since this was my first day back in the school after the holidays, I went to the cafeteria, where I would be able to see them all.

Michael and Mina apparently were suffering from some sort of withdrawal because they HAD to be seated next to one another. While I was cruising around, catching up on all the loot that was delivered to my little friends by Santa I heard Parker, who is one of Michael's friends and was sitting on the other side of him say, "Hey Michael, how old is your sister?" Now, I'm thinking "hm, I wonder why the inquiry." Michael told him that she was five. Parker, stretches his neck to look around Michael and get a look at Mina. He then says "Huh, that's OLD!" Michael looks at him and said "Nah, not really."

I swear, they are SEVEN years old, NOT seventeen. WTF!!!! And, WHEN did five become old?

"It is the woman who chooses the man who will choose her."

-Unknown

12 Comments:

Blogger Foxy said...

yeah, since when is 5 old? thats a new one on me! then again, to my 5 yr old 6 is old..lol. kids....

6:43 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Oh, this is only the beginning. Wait until he's saying, "Hey Michael - how old is your sister? She's HOT!"

Michael's friends being 2 years older than her? Oh yeah, problems. LOL

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! They would think I'm REALLY REALLY old!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Poor Mina, she couldn't be much younger and be in school!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

If 5 is old.. what is 38??? Dead?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Melody said...

Starts earlier all the time. 5 old...wtF is right!

8:41 AM  
Blogger eatmisery said...

Why on earth would they make kids go back to school after winter break on a Friday???

12:27 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

if 5 is old, then we are ancinet romans huh?

your sons friend must be feeling out the situaion..Looking for a wife already, and this one is too old..ALREADY..men I swear;)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

Ahh, the good 'ole days, when 5 was considered YOUNG!!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Are you fricken kidding me? Wow, if 5 is old, then we should have been years ago!! :)

6:52 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I guess I am headed for the nursing home if 5 is old...LOL

8:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love that! It is going to be so cute when they hit high school. Wait, did I say cute? I meant crazy! Missed ya - love the new profile picture.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter