Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Miracle

The stress and chaos? Well worth it. Christmas morning and they are all still sleeping, woo-hoo! This a result of an insanely late night Christmas Eve. Also, well worth it. I get up early and shut everyone's door to let them sleep, while I tippy toed into the kitchen to make some goodies for breakfast.

9:10a and I hear a door quietly open. Then came the footsteps, first slowly, then almost running. I knew who it was, just by the sound on the floor. Then I hear with all the excitement of an almost seven year old boy, "Mommy, MOMMY its a MIRACLE!!" I came around the corner of the kitchen and asked him, "What is?" Michael turns and looks at me with a face that was literally glowing and said, " Santa. He came. He FINALLY got here with our presents, LOOK!" I swear, I almost cried. He was so thrilled. For me, there wasn't another gift needed.

He immediately slammed his sisters door open to share his new found miracle.

True enough, the real miracle of Christmas is the birth Jesus and will always be. But, in the eyes of a little boy, presents from Santa can certainly qualify.















































"The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common. "

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

A miracle, indeed.

Your kids are beautiful!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

I wish I had recieved a Disco Hall Dancemat! I love to get my Christmas groove on!

I love that pure, unadultered excitement that Christmas morning yields, too!

The sound of their happiness is all I need.

8:05 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

ok, hold up..your kids take the time to dress before tearing up the gifts..I am in shock..

mine would come out naked..

great pics;)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

i want presents too...
u should have pulled another miracle at my home :P joking LOL!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

So what did Santa leave for you MomyBlogr??

It's so nice to see innocent happiness in this kind!!

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! You said it so nicely. The miracles of Christmas in so many ways are special for the kids. Thanks. :)

1:27 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Great photos! Your children are adorable. Looks like you had a great Christmas.

Love the excited looks they have!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Thanks for sharing. Great memory. Nothing beats it.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a GIANT tube of lipstick???? Mina must be in heaven!

Thanks for sharing your children with me. Between your cooking and Santa's surprise visits (especially seeing Rudolph's blinking nose), this Christmas Eve was the best ever!

Lynn

5:58 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

great pics - the kids look like they are having the best time ever! Glad they had a great time!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

That is soo cute! Glad that he was so thrilled and that it was a wonderful morning.

1:11 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Ooooooh, it is so fun to see their eyes light up on Christmas morning, huh?! Makes all the headaches, lack of sleep, and holiday stresses totally worth it!!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and pictures! Your kids are beautiful (as usual)!

Ahhh, a miracle it is! :-)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Too cute! I love the big tube of lipstick gift that your little girl got! What's in there?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

awww your kids look so happy :) Hope your Christmas was great.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter