Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas lights....

.....Suuuuuuck! Oh. My. Word. When, how, better yet, WHO? I want to know what rotten SOB sneaks into my garage during the year and completely devastates my Christmas light? I mean, I take such care each year taking then down and carefully wrapping, even labeling them. To what? To find something that looks like a medusa from the fiery lake. Ugh! I swear, I'm going to find him, and when I do......


Currently these gems are on the curb, ready for pick up!



Honey, usually has the esteemed job of stringing the lights on our tree each year. However, because I'm the best wife ever, I decided that I would spare him this year. He will however, pay handsomely for my kindness.

Once I decipher which ones work and which ones don't, the agony begins. OMGosh, not only is it a hair pulling task, add to it the kids asking every three minutes, "are we really to hang the decorations?" Now, nearing the very end of my wit's, I told them, "if you ask me that one more time, I'm going to throw the tree out in the back yard and set it on fire." Well, because my kids have known me long enough, they laughed. AND, asked me again, three minutes later.

Lights are on. Kids, have it! I let them do the entire tree and they had a blast. Although the lights do look like they were strung by Chuck Brown and company and the tree was obviously designed by the creative minds of a 5 and 6 year old, I must say, not bad.

Honey arrives home just on completion, with hugs and kisses all around. He stands back and gazes upon our creation, to tell us what a fabulous job we have done. Ahh, he's such a good man. Well, that may be pushing it, but he is a smart man.

"Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most."

-Ruth Carter Stapleton

14 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

Why that naughty little elf found your house too? Shame on him. Glad the tree project is all done.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Chen said...

Looking forward to seeing the pict of the tree :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Lammy said...

Y'know...that elf is a world traveller because the same thing happend in our basement here in Stuttgart... the little imp.
*smiles*

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well- where is the completed project- i don't have the light problem you have - when Christmas is over - off come the ornaments and out goes the tree- lights and all- then i go to the store and buy lights for next year - of course 75% off - NO light problems this year! this year i am alittle behind - we are decorating tonight - TIS THE SEASON!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

Three little words dahlink...

Pre-lit tree.

We got one last year and I will never go back to hanging lights.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Every year that darned elf makes his rounds tangling Christmas lights and electrical cords.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Ahhh the annual untangling of the tree lights; I leave that job up to Mr.C. I'm looking forward to a picture of your completed masterpiece!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Reminds me of that silly '12 Days of Christmas' song . .

6:16 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Nothing like the "Are we there yet" syndrome!

PS. Thanks for scaring the shit out of me... I hate snakes!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Go to Wal-mart and get a new set. They're like $5.99.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

wow...

i would have accidentally tied myself with the wires if im going to try to deco a tree

=)

6:56 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

how cute, although my hats off to you, it takes 2 of us to hang our lights..I wont reach in the tree for fear there is still some wild beastly outdoor creature still living in it..

6:59 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

i wanna see the finished product!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love a smart man!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter