Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My eyes, my eyes!

This morning started out like any other. Alarm sounding at the freakin' crack of dawn, stagger out of bed and into the shower, ahhhh! Then it's brush, fluff and dress. Although, I admit, not much fluffing going on here. I'm the original "wash -n- go girl." Now, it's down the hall and time to harass the kids. Throw on the lights and twist open the blinds. Oh, the pleasure of torture. Usually, it takes more than one trip to get the necessary response, out of bed. So, I tip to the kitchen for my much needed eye opener, the BEAN! Yes, the java in this joint is a must. If I miss, it's like walking outside the house naked. However, much to Honey's despair, it wouldn't be the first time. Poor thing, the trauma he must endure.

Before I realize it, Mina is up and half dressed. Michael? Another story. I hear movement but he is yet to rise, much less shine. Then I hear, "MOMMY, my eyes, my eyes!" I'm bellowing from the kitchen, "What, what, WHAT is wrong with your eyes?" He barks back, "My eyes, they're blind." I crack up, as I stand there in front of my coffee maker with mug in hand. (come on baby, come to Momma.) I head down the hall and tell him, "Your eyes aren't blind, just rub them a little and they'll be better." He tells me, "I did rub them and they're STILL blind." Well, my coffee is NOW ready and I just don't have time for all this. I tell him when he hits a wall because his eyes are blind, I'll come see him, but until then get dressed and get into the kitchen.

Needless to say, there were no collisions with the wall and he even made it through breakfast. A miracle I tell ya, a miracle.

Ugh, ya just gotta love the mornings.



"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

-Mahatma Gandhi

*See Marel, I need counseling!

13 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Kids say the darnest things. You gotta love them...

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny!! I love how you stayed so even keeled (sp?) about it all. At least till you had your coffee. :)

One of my other favorite Friends' sayings is when Joey says "that'll be greeaat." All Irish like. I tend to use it and no one seems to know what I mean. :)

And, where do you get all of these greeaaat quotes?!?! :)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

Awww! It sounds like he's not going to be the morning person in the fam!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

It's nice to see there are little drama KINGS out there, to go with all the drama queens.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

So funny; I can imagine my son saying something like that too.
Oh, and I am the second original wash n go girl, btw:)

5:23 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Look at Benny Hin! LOL

6:23 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

LOL- my first reaction would be to laugh too. thank god for small miracles!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

LOL- my first reaction would be to laugh too. thank god for small miracles!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! The miracle of childhood. EVERY nite at bedtime, we have some ailment where she cannot go to bed on time.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ha! My eyes, they're blind! So funny!

7:55 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

that is way too much!!

I would of threw him a pair of sunglasses and told him if steve wonder can make it threw the day..so can you!!

LMAO!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL! "When he hits the wall" Made my day!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I am so glad those days are over with. The hell I had to go through to get both my kids up. I could understand 1 but both were terrible. You had to tell them 10x and then I tell them the bus is about to pull out and they flew out of the bed. No breakfast for them. Their fault.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter