Friday, December 02, 2005

I'm not that grown up.

This list of "Signs That You Have Grown Up" was sent to me by a friend the other day. After reading it I've come to the conclusion, I'm NOT so grown up. :)


1. Your house plants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them. Fair enough

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question. Not so much. I'm an anywhere kinda girl.

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge. I'd have to agree.

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed. Oh gosh, YES.

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator. Lord, not yet.

6. You watch the Weather Channel. Well now, that is just stupid.

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "breakup." Sure. It is 2005

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14. Everyday is a vacation for me.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up." It SURE is.

10. You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo. I wouldn't call the police, I'd tell them myself.

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you. I'm usually the one telling them.

12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore. I do TO.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up. True, so true.

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers. I give my dog everything.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt. Yeah, I love my bed.

16. You take naps from noon to 6 PM. I NEVER nap.

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one. I'll agree.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach. What? Wings, anytime.

19. If you're a gal, you go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests. Heck no. Go Trojans. I don't want to be buying any more tests. Haaaaaa!

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff." Yeah, I'm a cheap date.

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time. Not much on breakfast anytime.

22. "I just can't drink the way I used to" replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again." Not a huge drinker.

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work. Noway, I'm a stay at home Mom. All my computer time is for FUN!

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar. I don't go to bars.


Now that you've read it. How grown up are you?

"To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am."

-Bernard M. Baruch (1870 - 1965),

13 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Something is wrong with people who don't nap.

And....you would be eating CEREAL at 3am....I've been there, I know.

:)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator. Lord, not yet.

I do!! whenever there is an incoming call.
hahaha....

9:09 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

OK, I am feeling old. There were too many yeses for me. OK, maybe I am just lame!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Okay, I'm feeling really OLD now.

6:49 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

that was too funny....

"having sex in a twin bed is out of the question"

u mean grown ups have sex..crap I am soo missing something here..with the three kids and married to the same dude for 10 years, lets just say, "momma doesnt want it anymore"

*smiles*

7:36 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

I think I'm going to cry, because oh.my.god. I just heard my favorite U2 song at the mall, in the elevator! sob,sob,sob

ROFL!

Totally with you on #2, snicker! Oh lord, I hope my mother doesn't visit you today!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always sleeping on the couch. Really. Always. I'm sure that I'm in need of some growing up still. :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Unfortunately, yes. I'll be 30 next month.

I'd like to have a nap NOW!

2:07 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

I am not very grownup ....YEAH ME!

LOL But I am dare i say....30...ugh...

2:47 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Even though according to this list, I am very grownup, I like to think I have a little kid in there somewhere!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

yay! not so grownup...lol. but don't tell my kids..i pretend allot with them. lol

7:44 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hey, I am an Adults or Us Kid...But there are days when I feel like an old fart.

Wait a minute my eyes are getting old as I am having trouble reading those stupid word verification letters. Or they are in a different language.

8:17 PM  
Blogger bon said...

sleeping on the couch only makes my back hurt when I'm pregs.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter