Monday, November 28, 2005

The biting elephant

There couldn't be anymore people in the kitchen. That is typical, I'm sure for anyone's kitchen on Thanksgiving afternoon. Even over all the chatter that was going on, I still heard my little girl crying.

I rip around the corner and there she stands wailing, while holding a small stuffed baby elephant. I thinking, "ok, either something horrific has happen to her little friend or there was an elephant attack that I wasn't aware of." I scoop her up and in between sobs she informs me that "it" bit her. (apparently she was attacked by the elephant, lol) Naturally, my next question was what? What bit you? "Something in the elephant," she tells me. Before she got the rest out, I could see that she was bitten by a bee. I was relieved that it wasn't the elephant. I would have hated to have put the thing down right there in the living room, being Thanksgiving and all.

Daddy is VERY allergic to those honey making babies and with her never being bitten before, I quickly look in all the key areas for any welts or rashes. Nothing. A little bit of ice and she was off and running.



There was some swelling later that evening and by Friday night this is what it looked like. We called her club for the rest of the weekend. Mean, I know but still sorta funny.


I think it's about time for a manicure, huh?

"It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised; the mosquito is swatted."

- Marie O'Conner


11 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

Oh the poor baby - I hope it is feeling better. Looks like it hurt. Glad it wasn't the elephant.

9:02 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Ouch!
I've never had a reaction like that!
Prolly need to "watch" her. Another sting or two in the next 6-8 months could send her down the same road her Daddy is on.
SERIOUSLY!
Since she is "pre-disposed" to the anaphylactic response, insect stings have a cumulative effect.
Don't mean to get you all ‘freaked-out’ about it . . . but it's important to know.

JD

9:17 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

ouch; hope it's o.k.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Eeeeeeek. Hope all is well. Bad Elephant! :)

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First the Hippo eats her ice cream and now this!

Hippos and Elephants...gotta watch 'em!

Here's hoping we don't run across any Giraffes on Shopping Saturday! Heaven only knows what might happen next.

Lynn

6:05 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

oh man, that looks awful painfull..poor baby..

elephants are not meant to be domisticated you know???

:-)

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhh, that hurts- the poor things- when she is ready for that maincure - send her down to me- we can fix that boo boo too! hope you had a great turkey day-

7:27 AM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

hahaha... the elephant part IS funny. LOL!!!

but sorry to hear that. hope she will get well soon!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Poor baby. That looks like it hurts!

Anytime I would find new bruises on my son's legs, I would ask him what happened and he'd always say "An elephant stepped on me."

Oh. Okay.

1:53 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon. That is funny she thought the elephant bit her.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Poor thing! I hope she is much better soon. Don't make fun of her again!!!! I think she deserves that manicure now.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter