Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Officially Nominated

That's right. I have been officially nominated for the prestigious, Mother Of The Year Award. I must admit, in light of yesterdays post, I am both shocked and elated at the honor.

The other morning, I hear Michael in the kitchen rattling around. The next thing I hear, is his melodious tone screeching down the hall, "what's for breakfast?" Now, I'm inside and in the middle of something. Let me clarify. I am already in the house, but being inside when you are already inside, means you are further inside the house. In a different room. If you were in my kitchen and said, "ok, I'm going inside," I would know you are going to the living room. LOL! It's all very confusing I know. I don't know if it's a Northeastern thing or ethnic one or why we even do it but we do. Off the subject a bit.

Since, I'm not getting to Mr. I can't WAIT for breakfast any time soon, I yell back, "I don't know baby, whatever you want this morning will be fine." I'm thinking, he will make a selection from one of the 6000 boxes of cereal we have in the cabinet. I swear, it looks like Jerry Seinfeld's Apt. However, that was clearly not the case. I round the corner to the kitchen and this is what was for breakfast...




Now, if I feed them Dairy Queen banana splits with large cokes for dinner and let them stay up and watch the Cartoon Network until their eyes fall out of their heads, I should have it in the bag. Hm, this mothering stuff is cake, lol.



"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed."

-Unknown

12 Comments:

Blogger Jellyfish said...

i'm the first to comment :P

but.. one of the 6000 boxes of cereal you have in the cabinet???

:O

ermm.. whats that biscuit your son was holding? my 1st time getting to see it :P

btw, you son looks as handsome as me (self proclaimed. im very thick skin)
muahahaha.....

4:21 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

At least he didn't go to school hungry!:)

4:25 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Jelly..

It's not a biscuit. It's a sugar cookie with a half inch of teeth aching sweet frosting on it topped with sprinkles, lol. A biscuit, that wouldn't be so bad.

Thank you. I think he's quite handsome too.

:):)

5:12 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

I don't eat breakfast. Damn, look what I am missing!

5:48 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

ok, I will second that nomination!!

Will u be my mom????

6:12 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm sure it has eggs and milk in it somewhere!!

7:36 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

He's got a few of the basic food groups
Dairy - Milk & Eggs
Grains - the flower and and...yeah - mother of year award - your name is all over it.

LOL about locking yourself out...at least they were able to open the door!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

You did say "whatever you want" there Mother of the Year! LOL

Cute kiddo!!!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart kid! And I agree...he's very handsome!!!!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

yes, very smart and handsome- u done good mommy!! :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

puh, that's NOTHIN'. You got nothin' on my kids...

halloween candy? check
dog food? check
dry cereal all over the floor? check
marshmallows? check
crayons? check

(yes, I did say "crayons" for breakfast)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

little miss..

I will ever so graciouly relinquish my nomination status over to the rightful Mother, YOU!

Very. Funny.

Crayons. I only allow thoughs at snack time, lol!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter