Tuesday, January 03, 2006

MomyblogR? Nevah mind....

I think I should probably change my name to MomyrolR. Both of my kids always get money from friends and family for their special occasions. Unlike the adults in this house, they are both very good about saving it. Money comes in, they get their wallets, load them up and it's back into their underwear drawers.

Michael had $80. plus at one time and he wanted to show Daddy, but when he opened his wallet, it was empty. Daddy repaid my debt, but it wasn't long before I emptied it once more. Michael went to put a couple of dollars in his wallet and once again, gone. All of it. I was out and he actually called me and said "Mommy, you have to stop rolling me, or I'm going to have to find another hiding place." I cracked up and heard just as much laughter coming from the other end in the back ground, it was Honey.


Mina is no exception. She had $30. something in her wallet. However, at the moment she is left with only something. She is not on to me yet but when she is, I'll hear ALL about it.

I know. I have a problem. I steal from my children. But, isn't the first step to getting help the admission of a problem? See, then I'm well on my way. "Hi, my name is MomyblogR and I roll my children on a regular basis." Gee, is there even help for that?

We have a problem now with parents stealing their kids' CDs or money, so the roles have been reversed.

-Jerry Only

15 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

My name is Renee and I am a piggy bank robber.
I pay it back . . well, most of it.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

I think they have meetings for people like you...

9:57 PM  
Blogger bon said...

too bad my useless little girls are FLAT BROKE! oh the fun I could be having at their expence.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny, MomyrolR! I can't wait until Graham starts getting some cash! LOL!

4:25 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL! I have done that also and luckily they are too young to understand!

Love the MomyrolR!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

I admit it! Yes, I may have taken $1.40 once and while for my morning coffee! ;)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm sure once you start paying for college, weddings, etc., you can tell them you're paying back your "debt".

But, like Spikey, I've stolen coffee money, too.

6:27 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

My oldest's savings is crammed into a large small necked wine bottle...no stealing from it unless I break the bottle!

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take from them too! DH is the one that pays it back....

What about all the money kids take from US!?!

8:36 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

i not only steal candy from kids , but I too steal thier money..my son has a big IOU chart..poor kid, hope he dont start charging me intrest..

8:40 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

LOL, mine are too little to know the difference yet- my oldest can't tell the difference between a 20 or a 1 YET, starting to learn in school now-i'll be getting those calls soon..haha.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

aww! you naughty mummy!

We should appreciate such acts of saving for kids of such an age. Habits are hard to change afterwards. It's good that your kids are careful about saving more and spending less...

10:23 AM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

I wouldn't call it stealing....Just borrowing! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Wow..Just thinking back when I was younger..My brother had a coin collection and I would " steal" the coins..pennies, nickels , quarters..Being very careful not to make it look obvious..lol

4:37 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Perhaps you should change your name to MomyRobbeR.

I can't believe you ROB your kids. Man, I am never staying in Mina's room again! I'm afraid to get pilfered in the middle of the night.

Although, you'd probably get mostly Canadian money which will be entirely useless to you. Hmmm, maybe I won't have to hid my purse after all! LOL

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter