Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A thong experience

The day after Christmas we go shopping. I do this why? Because my husband has the female shopping gene and insisted that I accompany him. So like the dutiful wife, I go. OMGosh, and it's WalMart of ALL places. That place is hell on earth under fluorescent lights. UGH!

We find a place to park, in the next county and hoof it in. (I must love this guy OR I'm an idiot!) He heads to the sporting section with the kids in tow and I'm left to browse around. I found a few things of interest, yay for me. He calls for my 10/20, I give him some landmarks to follow and ta-dah, there they are. I'm ready to GO. He however, wants to go look at the wallets. Man. OK. I'll meet you right back here I tell him. Fine. He had Mina in the cart and Michael ended up with me. We were in the women's department, so I thought I'd look at the bras. I actually bought a couple. Michael is standing behind me and says, "Mommy, look you have THESE!" as he holds up a lovely pair of thong panties. Just then, a woman clearly a bit my senior walks near by to hear his declaration. Not only that, he goes on to ask, "Hey Mom, what is the string for?" Please!! The woman passes with a huge smile and begins talking to her friend, in MY direction. Mean while, I'm still on my explanation of the string. "It's the back of the panties" I tell him. Well, THAT is all I had to say. "WHAAAAAT?" is the very next word out of his mouth and it couldn't have been any louder.

I quietly tell him to put them down, that he won't have any interest in them until he's much older. He goes on to ask if Daddy likes them. My word. In order to stop the madness, I told him it was none of his business. (btw, Daddy loves them) And this I know is just the beginning.


"A lady is one who never shows her underwear unintentionally."

-Lillian Day

12 Comments:

Blogger Spikey1 said...

Funny, I love them as well!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I have yet to find a comfy thong..Is there such a thing?

6:12 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Are we married to the same man!?

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I used to love thongs until I was pregnant w/Graham. My butt got too big and they never seemed comfortable again. :-(
Poor me. I miss thongs. Maybe one day. sigh.

8:19 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

LOL! Look forward to those conversations with my two boys. HA HA

I don't care for thongs though Hubby would like me to have them.

Brave woman to tackle Walmart the day after Christmas.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Your son always cracks me up!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

thongs are nothing but permanent wedgies- they suck...lol

hope you had a great holiday..love the pics!)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Anne Coleman said...

ROFLMAO My son would be horrified! Wait, I would be horrified-so would DH LOL

4:43 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

I think you go shopping with him because he's a good kisser! I should know, right?

4:52 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Did you see my post about what Big Guy wanted to get me for Christmas.... LOL - and now you are explaining thongs... I will keep Big Guy away from that department as long as I can... LOL

and going to wal-mart the day after christmas - you deserve a medal...

5:40 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

I'm beginning to know way too much about you! lol

6:45 PM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

LMAO...Oh lordy, the thong talk. I could just imagine.

Wal-Mart: "hell on earth under fluorescent lights" AMEN!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter