Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Years Realization

My little family had a fabulous New Year. We were invited to a few get togethers and decided to try making it to two of them. Each were lots of fun and very different gatherings. The first party was with some of Honey's friends. There was loud music, lots of food, plenty to drink and some insane card games going on. Not at all my scene anymore, and certainly not somewhere I'd like to hang out with my munchkins. However, Honey was invited and thought it necessary to make a showing, so we did for about an hour or so. Whew!

Then it was on to the next. A couple that we are friendly with invited us to their home, where there were several other couples with kids, as well as theirs. There too, was plenty of food, things to drink and not so loud music. We all enjoyed ourselves and the kids had a blast. Because we were braving the roads, there was no drinking for either of us. Well, I did splurge and have a glass of red wine. It was very nice. As the New Year got closer, we handed out poppers and noise makers to all the kids, poured Champagne and Sparkling Juice in glasses and we adults gathered near our significant others. Then it was 6..5..4..3..2..1! Happy New Year!! We toasted and there were kisses all around. (It's hard to believe I've been kissing the same man on New Years Eve for 15 years)

Once things settled down, we gathered our very sleepy but excited kids and got ready to leave. My realization was this. After beings at both places to enjoy the evening, which I did, I realized how incredibly happy I am with my life. I've always known it, but being out there even though it was with people I like and socialize with regularly, it occurred to me that I'm very lucky. There is so much turmoil and unhappiness even among this smallest of groups.

I am still crazy in love with Honey, I adore my children, love my home and community, and couldn't even for one moment fathom my life being any different than it is. For this I'm grateful.

Once home, we tucked in our exhausted little party animals. This allowing Mommy and Daddy to have the last bit of awake time to bring in the New Year together. *sigh* :)!


"Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to."

- Bill Vaughan

15 Comments:

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

It really seems you people had a blast...

Have a very happy and prosperous new year full of wonderful moments of health, wealth and happiness!!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm agreeing with Suz on the quote. Glad y'all had a good New Year's Eve.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! may the new year bring you continuios happiness and success for you and your family- i can recall when the first party you went to would have been our first choice of fun- oh how times change- i'm glad you had a good time- WE even stayed up till 1 am -- but i did have to take a long nap the next day- - have a great new year and maybe this year you will come and visit- i will get HONEY on it!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU! may the new year bring you continuios happiness and success for you and your family- i can recall when the first party you went to would have been our first choice of fun- oh how times change- i'm glad you had a good time- WE even stayed up till 1 am -- but i did have to take a long nap the next day- - have a great new year and maybe this year you will come and visit- i will get HONEY on it!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

sounds like a great new year party u have there :)

5:34 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Gald to hear you had a great time on New Year's.

I am with you on the first party.I am beyond the drinking till drunk.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening to bring in the New Year...Friends, Children and a Honey. :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

what a wonderful way to ring int the new year..

we stayed home , played UNO with the kids, watched some movies..had snacks..

thats what we do every year..

I have been kissing the same guy for 13 new years now..man we are old..HA HA

7:21 AM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

That quote fits me to a T. The first party sounds like me 10 years ago - the second party sounds like me now.

Have a Happy New Year - glad you have the same guy for the past 15 years - I think that is awesome!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice!

I too have had the same guy for 15 years or is 150 ;)

Happy 2006!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Such a beautiful sentiment!

Happy New Year.

8:51 AM  
Blogger eatmisery said...

It sounds like you all had a great time! Here's to an even better 2006!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

Happy New Year! :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

Awww, how sweet! I feel the same way about my honey, I cherish every moment with him, after 10 years!

I didn't make it past 10:30. Nyquil, nectar of the gods!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Here's to Wonderful Lives...
Love, Cathy

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter