Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My backup man

The sound of music. This house is always ringing with the sound of music. There is something playing at all times.

While in the kitchen, doing who knows what, I had Rascal Flatts...Melt screaming on the boom box. Thinking I was alone in my Rascal bliss, I just had to put on my groove. I even think I was singing into a wooden spoon. I turn around, and there he stands, my little boy. He was wearing an enormous smile and said giggling, "Mommy, what are you doing?" I just had to laugh. I told him, "I'm throwin' it down, come on over here." I put him on my feet and we waltzed around the kitchen. As we danced Michael notices my wedding band and asked,"Mommy, what is that gold ring and why do you wear it all the time?" I briefly explained that it was a special ring that Daddy gave me when we got married. It means that we love each other very much and will stay together forever.

Before we finished our dance Michael squeezed me has hard as he could around my waist and looked up at me with his beautiful golden brown eyes and said, "Mommy, when I grow up and get big, I think I'm going to get one of those rings and marry you too." I haven't heard any sweeter words since hearing his Daddy make the same statement.


"There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good."

~Edwin Denby

18 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Oh, that made me tear up...how totally sweet. I can't wait until I can dance with mine. His new version of dancing is stomping his feet. It is getting harder to tell if he is mad at something I did or just feels like groovin' a little bit!

7:26 PM  
Blogger eyes_only4him said...

arent kids to sweet..little boys love thier mommas more than anything..( well except for good video game time)

:)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

omg- those types of things melt a mom's heart- so sweet. :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

what is sweeter than that. Those must be the moments that make all the sacrifices worth it.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

You know I wish I could have a child, a little girl, just so I could groom her to marry Michael one day!

12:01 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

OK that is going to make me cry. That was the sweetest thing to say. You have an adorable little boy!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

Im such an emotional wreck lately that this post just messed me up! My dad used to "waltz around" with me like that too! :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Not if I get to him first! What a sweetie. This reminds me of something that happened this weekend. I was cleaning up in Anna's room and had her radio on; 'Nasty Boys' by Janet Jackson came on and I was dancing (not well, but dancing nonetheless) to it while John M. grooved along with me.
After a minute or so, I turned around and there's Anna staring at me and I said 'What?'. She said 'Oh Mom, I saw it ALL!'.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

lol!
the cute n innocent kids

6:34 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Little boys are so precious. They always love their mommies so much.

My little boy tells me he is going to marry me too. And, he tells me everyday that I'm beautiful. So very sweet.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay don't do this to me again!You know my fragile mental state, with my hormones all out of whack, and you go and post this beautiful sweet story and make me get all teary eyed! UGH!!!!!!

I heart Michael. He is so sweet.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

That is the cutest thing I have heard in a long time!! It gives me goose bumps!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

How cute! And yeah-dancing now and again, does do everybody a great deal of good.
Your kids are lucky to have you for a mom.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

You are so blessed..That is just the sweetest comment I ever heard. :)

11:49 AM  
Blogger eatmisery said...

I can't wait for the day when my son tells me he wants to marry me. Don't all boys tell their mothers that?

3:57 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

What a sweet little guy you have there! :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger •♥•m•♥• said...

I think Im gonna cry! You are very blessed! M

9:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm am welling up - what a tender moment you will remember forever!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter