Wednesday, January 25, 2006

People that could bring me to the edge

Typically, I'm an easy going kinda gal. Nothing to much gets me all that excited, unless of course it is involving my children or an issue I deem extremely important. However, this said, on an off day anyone of the following is liable to send me over the edge.

- People who dispose of gum inappropriately. Example: spitting it on a sidewalk for me or either of my kids to step in, and trapes all over the place. Then I have to pick YOUR nasty chewed mess off the bottom of their shoe and anywhere else it may have gotten. YACK!

- People who talk, just to hear their own voice. These dopes truly have nothing worth while to say, yet don't know how to shut theirs mouths.

- People who do not wash their hands. This issue, I've already addressed.

- People who are unprepared. Example: if you don't have your crap together before getting in line at the bank, then DON'T. There is no reason to make everyone else that has it together wait on your ill prepared butt.

- People that don't click over to their call waiting. That is the sole reason for that service...so there is NO call waiting. If you don't want to use it, you're better off just having a busy signal. At least this way, the person calling doesn't know that they have been identified and you are just not interested in talking to them.

- People that don't give the elderly proper consideration. I mean really! These folks have made it to 75, 85 even 95 years of age to what, be abused by you? They have lived a long time, let the rest of their time be pleasant. Yes, that even goes for the Mother in laws. Trust me, I have one.

- People that slam their brakes on to stop at a yellow light. Listen, if you plan to drive so fast that you have to screech to a stop, just go through it. I don't need you killing me behind you because you're an idiot driver.

- People that don't buckle in their kids. That just pisses me off. These kids are depending on you, the adult to do the right thing by them. To not strap them into a car seat or seat belt is just insane. I swear, I have such an urge to call the police on these morons.

- People who have no manner. I am perfectly fine with being, bumped into, stepped on or cut off as long as there in an "excuse me" or "Oh, I'm sorry" that follows. If not, you are just asking for a smack. It's RUDE!

- People who have the "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality. Be grateful for what you have, because regardless of how little you think it is, there is always someone with less.

- People who expect. I very rarely say no. (man, I can't believe I only have two kids) I typically always do what I'm asked, will give you anything you need or want, if within my power and my time it yours. I'm always happy to do. But, it's not to be expected...I don' t owe anybody anything. Well, with the exception of Mom and Dad.

- People who leave their blinkers on. I mean, if you can't hear it OR see that you've left it on while flying down the interstate, might I suggest a strobe light or an ear piercing noise for a friendly reminder. And, if you really are planning to make a hard left while doing 75, please I'm going to need a little more than a blinker.

- People that stink. It's 2006 folks. There is NO reason in this world to have a nasty odor. Grab a bar of Zest and have a ball. I'm telling you, you're going to feel Zestfully CLEAN!!



“What annoyances are more painful than those of which we cannot complain?"

- Marquis De Custine

21 Comments:

Blogger momma of 2 said...

That pretty much covers it - I hate it when you find gum on the underside of a desk... that's sooo gross..

I am ready to write to zest and ask for samples, and hand them out to people that are in need...

7:38 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm with you on all of them. The blinker thing, my husband'd Oldsmobile had a piercing noise that would come on if you left the blinker on........it scared me so bad the first time I pulled over and jumped out of the car. I soon figured out after returning the car that the blinker was on and the noise stopped when I turned it off!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

Uh-oh! I fear I just might awaken the anger within you!!

I don't click over for call waiting, mainly because I don't know how to work it! But, I will call you back!

I'm with you on the unprepared people! Especially in the grocery store! HELLO!!! Didya think the food was free? Have you wallet ready people!

You know what yellow means in NJ right? Speed up!!LOL

7:54 PM  
Blogger Christie... said...

Hold on let me throw my gum out, oh did I tell you what happened to me today, I was on the phone when someone tryed to call in and they actually expected me to click over, I then headed to the bank where there was this 78 year old woman in my way as I was trying to deposit all the coins in the bottom of my purse, I left the bank and headed down the interstate doing 75 mph , when I suddenly saw the very automobile my neighbor Mr. Jones had just purchased, I turned on my left blinker and immediately did a U-turn, just then the kids fell in the floor. All is okay now, but I need a BATH!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

Yep Yep I'm with you on all of them. Btw the people who like to hear themselves talk. Law school is full of them. It drives me nuts!!!!!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

All I can say is yes, yes and yes(I'm amazed I don't have more children as well!!!) The driving is what pisses me off. If you have time to look around, great, pull over so I can get there while your looking around!!!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are some great posts here, as usual. :) I'm just catching up. Now, regarding the caller id, I really don't like it. Alot of phone plans just include it in their service. It's not getting charged extra for, so we have it. I'll use it if I know someone is traveling or my husband is out shopping. Other than that, I really don't like getting put on hold for the other call. Especially if we just got on or they called me. And, that goes for me, if I just called them and it beeps--I can't interupt for the incoming call unless, like I said, I know it's someone who needs me right then. This one friend, in particular, who I love dearly, will take the call if it's her family. She won't come back to me for quite some seconds/minutes--I get really bothered by this. Don't know why. Now, if my sister doesn't answer my call and I can tell she's on the phone, that bothers me. Why? Because she has caller id and call waiting. She lives in another state and she knows it's me. Don't know why--but, that bothers me. :) Well, I've gone on and on so I better go. Have a great day. :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

i see u posted something different :)

i dont really feel comfortable with ppls who spits anything out onto the road...
disgusting.

11:15 PM  
Blogger bon said...

I'm there with ya on most of this... except the body odor bit.

Hmmm, that's not quite true.

I don't care to be smellin' folks's stank, but I realized that I would rather smell the stinkiest dirt-head hippy than an overabundance of perfume! Even if a filthy soul has had their stink on for days, once you walk away and get a breath of fresh air it becomes a bad memory. With perfume I sometimes get me a headache that won't go for love or money and stays for days. Meh. I'll take the stench over the stink-pretty any day.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I'm with you on all of those. I don't have call waiting switched on, cause I never know how to use it, and I hate putting my friends on hold. However, it is really annoying when you know the person has it and they don't use it ... as you said, a busy tone makes more sense !!
Have a great day, Meow

4:11 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

I agree with you people piss me off when they don't buckle in their kids. I see that a lot here where people are holding babies in the front seat. The law here is to buckle up.

Those people are idiots.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

I had a fight at a light with someone who had a NEWBORN in their lap. I rolled down my window and asked her wtf she was doing and to put the kid in the car seat. She looked at me and told me to F-off!

I cant believe it to this day!

6:20 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

lol. love your blog. it so drives me crazy when people leave their blinkers on. i seriously have to change lanes if i can so i don't have to be annoyed by it.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

My new car has a little alarm that sounds when your blinker has been on for a minute. It's great! Then I don't have to annoy everyone else.

8:10 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

I agree with all of it except the last one! A common side effect of anti seizure medications is BO and you could wash with two bars of Zest and within a half hour you won't smell zestfully clean.

But then, there is a difference between obvious bad hygiene and plain BO.

8:23 AM  
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Ya, the kids not in seat belts gets me too!
I'm obsessed with washing my hands. I think my hands are so dry because of it too. I'm not a big hand lotion person either. I don't like my hands gunky.
Definately hate stinky people. I'll wash my clothes over again even if they're not dirty, just for the smell.
And it really ticks me off regarding the NO respect anymore of elderly people. Just think the world has lost the whole respect thing like it was when we all were younger.

Right on chick !

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never answer the call waiting. I don't answer the phone either. And, i screen my calls. Am I anti-social?

I was at the bank yesterday. This guy had like 10 checks and was making out his deposit slip at the teller booth and made her (the teller) add up the deposit. Hey! Hello! I am waiting over here and my stuff is ready.

Great list.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

AMEN to all of the above! I'm with you girl!

5:19 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Yeah, and I have one more to add...I can't stand it when you're on a ski lift and the person in front of you starts to smoke. Not only does it smell bad, but you have to float right through it. Yick! Actually, I just don't like it when anyone smokes in public period...

9:49 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

Btw- I'm at yor "people who can drive me to the edge" and am working on a post based on this. I'll be linking you, if you don't mind :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter