Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Over Heard

Has usual, today was another "runnin' with my hair on fire" kind of day. I get home from school with the kids and have a hundred things to get done before I head back out with Michael for basket ball practice. The kids disappear into the bedroom to play. I have no real idea what they are doing and don't give them much thought.

Me, I'm flying around the house like a lunatic. Our home is not all that large so flying in it is quite dangerous, but I risked it. I was headed back down the hall to the kitchen to check on dinner when I hear Michael say "yeah, and who's your Daddy?" WHAT? I mean, what did he just say? OK, I said, I didn't really know what they where up to, but my word. What could they be doing.

I stop just on the other side of the doorway and continue to listen. I heard Michael playing with is action guys and apparently Mina had a "playing house" situation going on. Michael, looking over his shoulder had asked Mina who the Daddy was to the kids she was playing house with. WHEW!

I thought for sure I was going to look in there and see Mina, dressed ready to walk the streets with Michael getting ready to pimp her out.


“One day I'm a prostitute and the next day I'm a nun. Where else could you get instant conversion like that?"

-Lois Bootsin

11 Comments:

Blogger Aisha said...

I know that I can come to your blog and leave with a smile. This one made me laugh out oud. HOW CUTE!!!!! Did she do this herself?

Years from now they'll appreciate all the moments you caught :)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Aisha..

Yes she did...quite the designer, huh? :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Jellyfish said...

hahaha...
she knows how to pose

1:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

at least you are aware and concerned when you hear this kind of thing; my sisters kids talk like this and my sister is totally oblivious...

4:51 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

That is so funny!

That picture is so cute! Very fashionable.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

LOL, when the boy was a tiny fellow I would hold him in my arms and say "Whose your daddy?" all the time!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

That is funny!

I love Mina's outfit. Where do I get one?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Who's yo daddy? See, that's the perfect thing to blog about and have them read it when they're older. They'll love it!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

Too funny! LOL. Love the outfit.

12:56 PM  
Blogger The Daily Rant said...

Hey! What is Mina doing in my outfit??? LOL

Aisha - if only you SAW some of the getups she puts together!

Mommy of 4 - YES, that's a roller in her hair!

In fact, I'm sure she still has a pair of my high heels stashed under the bed somewhere!

XO

2:08 PM  
Blogger Laney said...

I am so getting an outfit just like that!!

Love the roller in the bangs!! ROFL!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter