Friday, July 15, 2005

Ding, ding, ding go to your corners....

It's all or nothing, feast or famine, winner take ALL. I don't get it. We have just spent the last several weeks with no rain, I mean not the first drop. Everything was so dry that just looking at it made me thirsty. The trees are shedding their leaves, the flowers are wilted and near death and the grass in so burnt that walking on it with your bare feet for any length of time would cause blisters. I know it happen to me. I was beginning to think we were in the Mojave Desert.

Now, now we have to build an ark. It has rained for the past 5 days and I just looked at the "seven day forecast" it's supposed to rain for another 6. You see what I mean? I really don' t have any personal problems with rain it's just that I have my two little gems Michael and Mina. I have to say they are very good about entertaining themselves and eachother but come on they are 6 and 4 how long do you think they can keep it up? As I've told you we are now on day 5 and I'm starting to hear things like "Mommy he took that from me, I had it first," "I'm NOT playing with you anymore," "he hit me, crying," "she won't get out of my room." Then when I think it can't get any worse they ask to go outside and I almost let them even though IT'S RAINING!!! Oh what to do?? Here is what I have to say. I'm not much of a poet but let me just try and flex my creative muscles....

RAIN
Rain, rain go away
the natives are getting restless
we must go out to play.
It's time to hang up our boxing gloves
and gives eachother great big hugs.
So sun won't you please come out and shine
For I'm feared we are about out of time.
If you must hide for a while longer
I guess I'll just make my beverages stronger.
Are you beginning to get the picture? Really I'm not at all a drinker and being in this house for the past week has proven that to me without a doubt. Ah yes I would like a twist of lemon with that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter