Friday, September 01, 2006

Who?!

Ok, can somebody please tell me who we are talking about? If you were standing in my kitchen yesterday afternoon, this is what you would have heard...

Mina: "Mommy, who was that girl?"

Me: "What girl Honey?"

Mina: "You know, the girl with the brother."

Michael: "There are lots of those kinds of girls at school."

Mina: "No, not at school."

Michael: "Who are you talking about? My friend Jack has a sister."

Me: "Yeah Mina, who are you talking about?"

Mina: "Man, the girl with the light brown skin, remember?"

Me: "Ok! No , I don't remember."

Mina: "Mommy, come ON! You know, the girl with the couch hair!"

Me & Michael: "COUCH hair?!"

Michael: "OH! You mean LJ's little sister. My friend from basketball."

Mina: "YEAH, that's her.....Maleeya!"

Me: "Yes, that was her name. What about her?"

Mina: "Oh nothing, just askin'."

Michael: "OMGosh Mina, what was that?!"

I'm sort of with Michael on this one. All that, and for no particular reason. I did have to inquire about the couch hair though, and her explanation was, "It's just so big and all over the place." Now granted, that is true. But I don't ever recall seeing a couch that looked the same, and if I had, I'm certain I wouldn't be sitting on it!

*I must say, I was very impressed that Michael knew just who Mina was talking about with only her two word description, "couch hair!"

12 Comments:

Blogger Laney said...

ROFL!!

My boys do this, too.

Hey, mom? What's that boys name?

What boy?

THe boy from New Jersey who wore the blue sneakers.

Oh! That boy!!

They think I am clairvoyant! LOL

7:00 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Maybe she meant it in the way of 'bed head', like it looks like she's been laying on the couch and her hair's messed up?!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon now, you know what couch hair is. You can't tell me that you have never sat up from a makeout session with hair all over the place!

Hence, couch hair! :)

Although, I'm sure that's not what Mina was talking about. lol

Swee

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me laugh at that one. I almost spit on my computer. Good thing my "couch hair" stopped it!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL. Gotta love it. He knows his little sis I guess :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

He is just in tune with Mina... cute!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Maybe instead of couch hair she was really thinking of shag carpet? haha!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Bee Amma said...

huh!! no sunday funnies?!?! *weeps*

7:33 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I LOVE trying to interpret conversations with kids!! It really is like speaking a foreign language.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Kids have their own language.
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! "Couch hair"--LOL!

Siblings- they just know each other.

11:13 PM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

Kids are so funny. I get these kinds of conversations out of mine too! Usually it's me they don't get though!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter