Friday, February 03, 2006

Goodbye Handsome Sal

Wednesday, February 1, 2006, my oldest and dearest friend of 18 years The Daily Rant, lost her Dad. It was sudden and completely unexpected and certainly NOT what I thought she was going to tell me that morning.

Sal will be missed greatly by all who knew him. He was charming, charismatic, funny, smart, a successful business man and most of all he enjoyed life. He was a fabulous cook, love to entertain and had an answer for everything....a wise ass. There are so many things that could define him but I think the picture captures the essence of who he was.

I, will remember him as a ridiculously handsome man, who wise cracked, love to chat, play cards and would call me by every other name except mine. Also the man, who as a young girl of 22 I had an insane crush on. He was just captivating.

I am saddened beyond words for Rant and her family. They will feel a void left by his absence and miss all that he was. However, the wonderful qualities that Sal possessed will live on through his daughter, for she is just like her Dad.



“Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life."

- Jean Paul Richter

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to her about her dad- my thoughts and prayers are with her/ her family and her friends- please tell her i am thinking of them all- it is so hard to loose a part of your family

4:28 AM  
Blogger Hasan Mubarak said...

May Sal rest in peace & harmony. It's always sad to hear about someone so close to die.

5:04 AM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Sorry to hear about your friends loss. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

What a lovely tribute to DRs Dad. That pic makes me wish that I had known him.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

Im sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

All the best to you all.. that is truly sad. Hugs.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to Salena, as we all know how painful it is to loose a dad. How well I remember.

God bless and keep you today and in the coming days.

Much love
MOM

7:18 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

so sad....losing someone sucks.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

my thoughts and prayers to rant and her family....

10:02 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Poor rant. I will keep her in my prayers.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

Aww, (((Momyblogr)) I am so sorry for your loss. I commented on Daily Rant today with my sympathy also.

I'm sorry.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh Dear, how sad!
My thoughts to your friend. What a lovely photo. He looks like a man who lived and loved.

6:01 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

oh how sad.... hugs to you and your friend's family... Life is much too short.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
http://www.audio-conference-calls.info/phone-answering-services.html Land rover roof bars Female provigil de Information on 1986 pontiac transam call center telephone answering service center valence notebook extension battery small business answering service 20 answering services ivoryton connecticut Fire glaze auto polish Omaha breast implant Topamax heart burn http://www.answeringservice5.info/san-fernando-valley-answering-service.html Answering services flagstaff arizona Premier propane heater protelephone answering service cisco router supporting bgp

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter