Tuesday, January 31, 2006

How does she see that already?


I don't really remember when it happened to me. When did I start finding boys cute and not mean little creatures that pulled pig tails or pushed you down. I clearly remember the first little boy I had a crush on. Frankie and boy was he CUTE! Was that it? Was then when it happened? I must have been in the third grade, surely it wasn't sooner.

Last week while in the library, I notice a boy, he just caught my eye. He came to the counter to ask me a question, to which I recall NOT having the answer to. What I noticed was, he was very cute. Dressed all boy, with the lasted hair style, just very well groomed. He continued his search for "the" book and finally made his way back to check out.

After he left the the room I said to myself, sort of thinking out loud, "man, he's a cuuuutie." Not thinking much of it and not realizing Mina was standing right behind me she says "Mommy, you know, I was JUST thinking the same thing." I stood there without words for a moment and then said "WHAT?" I don't even think I heard anything she said after that.

My concern has just been elevated to the next level. I mean for crying out loud, what's next, "high alert?"

"The mark of a true crush...is that you fall in love first and grope for reasons afterward. "

-Shana Alexander

20 Comments:

Blogger Foxy said...

Happy birthday Michael! Love the pics, and LOVE the dress your daughter is wearing..so pretty. :)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Just Passing By said...

Wow, how funny to have something in common like that with your daughter.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. And, a big happy birthday to Michael! :) I think I would have done a double take on that one too. She noticed he was cute? Wow. Why oh why?!? heehee :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

OMG ... they grow up too quick, don't they !!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

She looks so pretty in that picture. I dont know if kids naturally feel this way "crushes etc" or if its a product of television and society which focuses a whole lot on relationships and dating. I am not sure when I first liked a boy. Maybe 10? Can't recall, he must not hvae been spectacular :)

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sure is a beauty, soon honey will have to be waiting behind the door with a ballbat keeping them away from the doors and windows.
Good luck mom, Iv'e been there a time or two.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Spikey1 said...

That was my biggest fear if I had a daughter! :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Christie... said...

LOCK HER UP! LOL

8:16 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

That's cute. the girls and I usually disagree on the cuteness of boys. I think I'm just not 'getting' it on a 8/10 year old level.
Mina is beautiful in that pic.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Laney said...

I was in second grade, Andy VanDerPlatts was his name. He gave me a necklace with my initial on it that turned my neck green!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great picture - she should be wearing a diamond necklace around her neck- does she have her snazy tatoo on under that pretty dress? just wait- it is just the beginning-

10:12 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Uh. Oh. It has started. Lock that beautiful girl up!

10:51 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

aw...what a darling...

4:24 PM  
Blogger momma of 2 said...

Send that beautiful little princess to an all girls school - keep her safe... she's noticing boys already? Is she old enough for that? That is my biggest fear with Baby girl... that she will be BOY CRAZY...

5:15 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

She is so young and beautiful, but she noticed the boy. That is not good or bad. Just time to start talking to her..My daughter first said something when she was ten. Yuck, I don't like him. I wish he would stop bringing me gifts. She gave them to me and I called the parent. She said, "Oh I know he likes your daughter". My daughter is ten and not dating. He is ten and should not be wanting to. They grow up fast.

7:17 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Oh...I can't wait till my boys reach that age (not.) How to deal? How to deal?

10:41 PM  
Blogger cubmommy said...

Oh Mama you are going to have your hands full if she is noticing boys now. I don't think I was interested until 5th grade.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Aud*2020 said...

That IS a very pretty dress. Little Mina looks so grown up. Did you make it?

7:39 PM  
Blogger bon said...

1st grade... Brad Moyers, he had golden hair and was the best math student in the whole class. 30 years ago and I still remember his name. sigh.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am behind on reading you - for some reason your blog never shows up as "updated" on my blog roll! Shame on me for not just checking in and clicking more often!

This post is so sweet and innocent. That is the fun part she is entering...and, yes, I bet it is scary for you!

Mine - 2nd grade, he was in the 3rd and the brother of one of my classmates. His name was Michael. I will never forget his dimpled smile :)

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter