Thursday, August 11, 2005

Silver Streak

In the past I've been a bit of a gold finger when it came to jewelry. Not that I donned it Mr. "T" style but it was my preference. As of late my periodic table has been changing more to the silver side of things. Why the precious metal swing?

Do you remember the symbol for gold and silver?


For my birthday last year a good friend gave me a thin box link chain with a simple silver cross. I just love it. It suits me perfectly and I never take it off. Then Salena who has loved silver since the stone ages (probably shopped with Wilma Flintstone in Bedrock) left a pair of silver hoop earrings at my house. They were too big for Mina although she didn't think so. So I put them in and decided that I like them. NOW they are mine. Next, for my birthday this year my cousin Beth sent me a "salvation" bracelet that is silver with the beautiful stones in it. It's gorgeous!! Definitely one of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry I've ever received. So really this silver thing has evolved.

Several weeks ago I purchased for myself a ring and bracelet, well two of each really. I'm quiet happy with my find and will be on the look out for anything else that may be interesting.

So the next time you hear the song...

Silver and gold, silver and gold
Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold....

At least now you know what I will be wishing for!


Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.

-Mary Catheron Bateson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter