Monday, August 08, 2005

Sporting the "Six Pack"

Oh yeah and NOT the coveted abdominal six either. More like a six pack of diet coke or the occasional six of wine coolers and it's off to the pool. I have to say I have never been a rock hard gal nor did I strive to be. I'm not a cow either. My last visit to the weigh station I believe I tipped the scale to only single digits above what I weighed when I conceived my first child Michael. He is now 6. Not to bad, huh? Then Tyler came along and she is now 4. I'm a Mother of two who is 40 and holding steady so I'm not complaining.

This is NOT me!

(not that there was any question)

While bobbing around on a tube in the pool last week I was noticing that the scale reading in not the only thing I need to be concerned about. I'm soft! Not marshmallow soft maybe Brie cheese soft either way I'm definitely not has tone as I should be.

"The floating flesh rings foundation"


The kids were splashing and swimming around enjoying themselves. All the while trying to climb aboard the "floating flesh" ring. Grabbing, clawing, giggling and finally reaching the top. I was making some audible observations about myself, "man my legs, my belly!" At the VERY same time both kids chime in. Michael with "your belly in jelly" and Mina with "your legs are shot!" Isn't that a kick in the head? LOL!!! I started to laugh out loud and they too joined in. At the end of our chuckle the kids asked "Mommy, what was so funny?" I cracked up again and said "oh, nothing." What sweet little innocent things they are....they didn't even realize they were telling their Mother that she is terribly out of shape. What I wanted to tell them was that "it's ALL their fault." But then that isn't true either. I mean just how long did I think I would be able to say "oh, it's just baby fat?" My baby is NOW four, (4), FOUR! The truth is that I just don't exercise like I should.

I suppose I should start a vigorous regimen of body toning but I don't really see that happen either. Than again you never know I may surprise you.



No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you.

- Althea Gibson





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter