Wednesday, September 13, 2006

MIIIIIINA!!!

Last week Michael made it very clear he has an enormous crush on Ms. Herron, a third grade teacher. He sat one afternoon describing her to me and explaining just how nice looking he thought she was. I told him I thought he had a bit of a crush on Ms. Herron. His response was, "yeah, I think so Mommy." All of this is seemingly innocent, except for the fact his sister heard the whole conversation.

Yesterday afternoon in the library while wrapping up a couple of things, I had the kids come in and wait for me. While there, who walks in but Ms. Herron. Michaels eyes were saucers and just glued to her. Mina was totally checking out her outfit. I look at Michael, catch his eye and point in Ms. Herrons direction. He looks at me with a pink little face and mouths...."Mommy, I know!"

The moment was just about over and she was nearly out of the room when Mina pipes up, "Ms. Herron?" She turns and says, "Yes sweetie?" Mina opens her mouth and comes out with, "You know my brother has a big crush one you!" Naturally, she giggled and thought it was very sweet, while Michael was a deeper shade of pink...ok, well red and chanting his sisters name through his teeth. "Mina, Miiiiina, MINA!!!"

So my dear son has experienced his very first, of I'm sure many truly embarrassing moments.

9 Comments:

Blogger cubmommy said...

That is so precious and cute!

2:36 PM  
Blogger hi, it's me! melissa c said...

That is cute. The sad truth is that in my life, it is usually my KIDS doling out information that makes ME turn beet red!

I can't count how many times I have lectured my kids to keep their mouths shut!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

oh poor Michael.... but it's a cute story!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

That's what little sisters are for, right?!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

LOL.... wow. Wow. I can only imagine. That is one of those memories poor Mike will always remember :)

9:50 PM  
Blogger Melody said...

Hahahaha...That's what siblings are for...I'm sure that Michael will get his 'pay back' some day.

7:52 AM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Mina has got to expect payback...oh yes...

8:01 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

oh, I got a good little chuckle over that one. I can just see his face. HAHA!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!! Hilarious...but after all, what else are little sisters for??? ; )

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter