Thursday, September 01, 2005

It's all about the reward!

Typically upon retrieving my two intellects from school I ask how their day was. What they learned, what they did, how was lunch, etc. The answer is always collectively "nothing Mommy, good, I don't remember." I don't push the issue, I know their little brains are fried from the day and far be it for me to burn it further. More often then not there are tid bits that are shared before the end of the afternoon.

Last night at the dinner table I over-heard Michael talking to Mina about attitude, of ALL things. I chime in and asked him "what about attitude?" He proceeds to tell me that "it's very important to have a good attitude." I praised him for paying attention in class and for sharing what he learned. Then I ask him "well Michael, what happens when you have a good attitude?" He answers me very matter of factually, "I get 3 skittles!"



"Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present to live better in the future."

-Unknown

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog (jenslifeonwheels.blogspot.com). Glad you enjoyed.
I laughed at your son's response to the attitude question. BP (before parenthood), I had agreed with the notion that it was wrong to bribe children for the behavior you want. Now I'm doling out m&ms for time well spent on the potty, I'm promising El she can wear "pockets" (shorts with pockets) tomorrow if she just goes to sleep right now, and I'm suggesting that Gymboree may be on the agenda for the next night if we don't spit on anyone today.
Oy vey!Love your blog.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter