Sunday, May 15, 2005

What is this "blog" thing anyway??

I have succumb to the "blog". Honesty I have just spent the better part of last week complaining about the stupidity of these on line journals. Salena began one of these "blogs" to keeps friends and family informed of her life activities. Since shes become mobile with her new flame Eddie that is something that has become increasingly more difficult to do. So her blog was born.

Blog. To the best of my understanding it originated from the term "web log". If you say that fast, go ahead and do it now. This way you will know what I'm talking about. It sounds like blog. These were designed for people to share thoughts, ideas, stories, pictures etc. In other words, allowing people to be apart of your everyday without actually being there. How FUN!!"

Light Bulb".....an idea. Why don't I start one? So after all my bad mouthing I pick up the phone and call Salena and say "I want one". "A blog, I want one". Naturally she laughs and spends some time ragging on me which was well deserved. I decided that instead of just sending random pictures it would be nice to tag a little story to it. This way my family and friends that miss the everyday comings and goings of my kids will feel that they are apart of their lives. There are things that are seen or said daily by these curious little creatures that I feel is blog worthy.

Salena has been my computer mentor now for abour 2 years. Man oh man, what there is to learn. I have to say I was completely disconnected from the world of technology. However, Salena would just not stand for it. She stated "it's the 21st century and you ARE going to learn how to use this thing". Well, before I knew it I was online with an email address, had a camera, was creating online photo albums and even learned how to burn CD's. All this from a girl who spent years without a cordless phone....lol! I owe all of my computer knowledge to her and thank her regularly for her help and her insistance on my learning. My camera has become one of my essentials for everyday. I don't think I could live without it.

Now it's on to the next. The blog. Salena again has been instrumental in the creating of my blog. Thank goodness for free "Verizon" minutes. Her willingness to teach me how all these thing work enables our family to stay better in touch. Helps me to share my life and the life of my family with all of you.

I hope you enjoy the daily postings and please feel free to leave a comment when you like. I too want to know what is happening with you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely incredible......you amaze me with stuff like this.... its great. You must have too much time on your hands........just kidding. it thrills me to read what you have put on here.......keep it up and I think your philosophy of doing what you have a passion for is right on. love you......dad

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/apart

_______

Considering it's 2007, how about "to each THEIR own"?

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Website Counter